Lance Armstrong's cancer foundation celebrates its 15th anniversary surrounded by controversy.
AUSTIN, TEXAS, UNITED STATES. (OCTOBER 19, 2012) (LIVESTRONG) - Lance Armstrong continued to go about his business Friday (October 19) night at the Livestrong Foundation's 15th anniversary party as controversy swirls around the seven times Tour De France winner.
Addressing the crowd before the party got started, Armstrong admitted that the last few weeks had been difficult for him and those around him.
"It's been a difficult couple of weeks, for me, for my family, for my friends, for this foundation," Armstrong said.
"I've been better...but I've also been worse."
The former professional cyclist went on to thank everyone for their support and said that the Livestrong Foundation would go on despite his troubles.
"Thank you so much for your support, it means the world to me, to all of us, we will not be deterred, we will move forward."
Last Wednesday Armstrong resigned as chairman of the foundation in an effort to distance the nonprofit cancer fighting center from his doping allegations.
Armstrong faces more trouble on Monday when the the International Cycling Union (UCI) are expected to give their reaction to USADA's ruling that he doped throughout his career.
The UCI has yet to rule on the 1,000 page USADA report into Armstrong, which alleges the now retired American rider had been involved in the "most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme sport has ever seen".