Celebrity interviews and red carpet premiere of new Batman movie in France cancelled after U.S. shooting, French broadcaster says.
PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 20, 2012) (REUTERS) - Leading French broadcaster TF1 said on Friday (July 20) that red carpet and interviews with stars of a new Batman movie that were due to be held in Paris had been cancelled following the killing of 12 people at a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Denver a few hours earlier as the U.S. film company scales back promotion of the work.
Officials at Warner Brothers' Paris office were not immediately available to comment. But several employees at the Paris cinema where the premiere was due to take place said the whole event had been cancelled -- much to the chagrin of fans who had already begun queuing.
"I'm really disappointed as we hoping the see all the actors tonight and then we heard that everything had been cancelled less than an hour ago. So it's a shame," said one Batman fan.
About 50 people including children were wounded in the attack in a mall in the Aurora suburb in what police described as an horrific event.
TF1 said on its website that recording of an interview with Marion Cotillard had been cancelled as were several red carpet interviews with other stars.